Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Coconut Sugar Cookies

I've been a baking fool yet again and tried something new for 2010.  I've baked some gingerbread and sugar cookies following the same recipes as last year and they were a hit.  I must admit though using a better quality of spices certainly made the gingerbread much fuller bodied and lovely tasting.  Thank you Victorian Epicure (http://www.epicureselections.com/) for great spices for my great cookies.  The sugar cookies although good were not quite the statement that the gingerbread were with their flavour.  I've found gluten free oats and managed to make some great macaroons too that we ate WAY too quickly to be considered truly healthy. But yesterday MJ & I made coconut sugar cookies and they were so tasty.  Here's the recipe if you're interested.  I stole this straight from the package label but it bears sharing.
4 eggs
3/4c + 2 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted butter
3/4 cup coconut flour - sifted
2 tsp cinnamon
Mix together eggs and sugar less 1 TBSP
Add butter and vanilla
Add flour and combine until well mixed.
Let sit 5-10 minutes to thicken (I was so surprised at how much it really does thicken)
Mix remaining sugar with cinnamon (I actually used more than what they say)
Form dough into 1 - 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in sugar mixture
Place on cookie sheet and flatten into 2 inch circles
Bake at 375 degree C for 15 minutes
These are soft lovely morsels to savour.
We got just over 2 dozen of various sizes since we were both shaping them... we didn't have a single nice round one - but that's ok we had a blast making them.
Try it for yourself.... we used organic ingredients so they were gluten free and totally organic!  YUM!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment